At the moment it is possible to accomodate only in the campsite. In the present we are working on enlarging accomodation capacity – we are planning to offer accomodation in the rooms of reconstructed grainery. It is also allowed to bring your dog to the campsite.
The campsite offers accomodation in tents (we don´t provide tents), with the option to use the common kitchen and sanitary facilities (toilets and showers with hot and cold water). It is allowed to bring your dog in the campsite.
In the present visitors of the ecofarm and tourists can refresh themselves in our bufet and it is also possible to order cooked meals from the nearby restaurant in the days of summer camps or in case you book your few-day stay ahead. Visitors may also taste milk or homemade cheese. We are helpful in booking lunch for the excursion participants which could be eaten right on the island (you can choose: goulash, fish soup „halászlé“, baked fish).
Thanks to the cooperation with the Riding club Zlatý Hucul, you can try riding Hucul horse as a skillful rider or even as a beginner. Members have engaged in the club several years and they are really competent. We have chosen Huculs for their calm character and durability in different weather conditions as they are kept freely on the Island from early spring to the late autumn and are constantly grazing.
Riding a horse on the island includes:
- training horse riding with instructor – thanks to the calm character of Hucul horses and patient attitude of our skillful instructors, learning to ride is fun for beginners, adults or children
- Leading children on horse-back (or donkey-back)
- Walk in the nature for individual riders – one or more day trips for individuals or groups
- Children summer camps – children learn basics of riding (min. 1 hour of riding), care of horses (cleaning, brushing, or also braiding horse tails) and more, they will experience beautiful and educational walks on the Island not only on the horseback, including rich additional program
- Horse race – yearly since 2011 we have organized horse race of Hucul horses (and other breeds), that are well-known not only for its attractive disciplines (mini-maxi, parkour and „stezka“) but also for its accompanying program for the whole family.
Veľkolélsky ostrov Island and our ecofarm is bordered by dike which also serves as international cycling trail Eurovelo 6. Therefore is this area visited by a large number of foreign tourists. It is an ideal means of transport for short trips on the island and also for longer cycling trips in the surroundings (inland Danube delta, Komárno).
Veľkolélsky ostrov island is ideal for water trail lovers. The one who enjoys peaceful admiring of untouched nature, will also appreciate boat trip on Veľkolélske rameno (Danube river branch). More experienced water lovers may cruise from the river branch into the main river-basin of Danube and visit small bird island (with nesting colonies of Pygmy cormorant and herons) near Hungarian river bank.
Every summer we organize several terms of riding camps. It is also possible to organize outdoor school camps focused on discovering Danube land. If you are interested in any of the events, don´t hesitate to contact us.
You may rent our rooms to organize different assemblies, workshops, conferences, teambuildings of family celebrations. If you are interested don´t hesitate to contact us.