At present it is possible to accomodate only in the campsite. We are working on the existing accomodation capacity – we are planning to offer accomodation in the rooms of a reconstructed grainery. Dogs are welcomed at our campsite.
The campsite offers accomodation in tents (we don't provide tents), with the option to use the common kitchen and sanitary facilities (toilets and showers with hot and cold water). Free WIFI connection is available in the whole area. Dogs are welcomed at our campsite.
At present visitors of the ecofarm and tourists can refresh themselves in our bufet and it is also possible to order cooked meals from a nearby restaurant in the days of summer camps or in case you book your few-day stay ahead. Visitors may also taste milk or homemade cheese.
Thanks to the cooperation with the Riding club Zlatý Hucul, you can try riding Hucul horse as a skillful rider or even as a beginner. Members have engaged in the club several years and they are really competent. We have chosen Huculs for their calm character and durability in different weather conditions as they are kept freely on the Island from early spring to the late autumn and are constantly grazing.
Riding a horse on the island includes:
- training horse riding with an instructor – thanks to the calm character of Hucul horses and patient attitude of our skillful instructors, learning to ride is fun for beginners, adults or children
- Leading children on horse-back (or a donkey-back)
- Walk in the nature for individual riders – one or more day trips for individuals or groups
- Children's summer camps – children learn the basics of riding (min. 1 hour of riding), care of horses (cleaning, brushing,braiding horse tails) and much more, they will experience beautiful and educational walks on the Island not only on the horseback, including rich additional program
- Horse race – yearly since 2011 we have organized horse race of Hucul horses (and other breeds), that are well-known not only for its attractive disciplines (mini-maxi, parkour and „stezka“) but also for its accompanying program for the whole family.
Veľkolélsky ostrov Island and our ecofarm is bordered by a dike which also serves as international cycling trail Eurovelo 6. Therefore this area is visited by a large number of foreign tourists. It is an ideal means of transport for short trips on the island and also for longer cycling trips in the surroundings (inland Danube delta, Komárno).
Veľkolélsky ostrov island is ideal for water trail lovers. The one who enjoys peaceful admiring of untouched nature, will also appreciate boat trip on Veľkolélske rameno (Danube river branch). More experienced water lovers may cruise from the river branch into the main river-basin of Danube and visit small bird island (with nesting colonies of Pygmy cormorant and herons) near Hungarian river bank.
Every summer we organize several terms of riding camps. It is also possible to organize outdoor school camps focused on discovering Danube land. If you are interested in any of the events, don´t hesitate to contact us.
You may rent our rooms to organize different assemblies, workshops, conferences, teambuildings or family celebrations. If you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact us.